Top Ten Tuesday (15): I Wish Someone Would Write This Novel

Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they have a different theme for bloggers to post their top tens about, and this week we’re listing our…

Top Ten 10 Things On My Reading Wish List

Sailor Moon wallpaper

1. A magical girl middle grade series. Think Sailor Moon in novel format.

Young Lily Evans and Severus Snape

2. More "I've loved you forever" stories, a la Persuasion by Jane Austen, see: For Darkness Shows the Stars, It Started with a Kiss, and Romancing Mister Bridgerton.


3. More "falling in love with the enemy" stories, on an epic scale.

A medieval knight

4. A YA novel featuring a main character who is a medieval knight, not necessarily King Arthur related

A Japanese pagoda

5. More MG and YA stories set in non-Anglo settings 


6. More Bromance!

Howl from Howl's Moving Castle

7. More stories with beta heroes or quirky heroes. Think Howl from Howl's Moving Castle.

The God of the Wind and the God of Thunder by γ‘ーしん

8. Myth retellings from Asia, think Starcrossed or Percy Jackson with Hindu or Japanese deities.

A cut-scene from Final Fantasy XV

9. The hero/ine enters into a modern video game, like Skyrim or Final Fantasy.

photo taken from tumblr

10. A reverse gender Alice in Wonderland for YA. Or, I guess, The Never Ending Story for YA

10 comments:

  1. No. 3, 4,5 and 6 are awesome! Falling in love with the enemy, like an actual enemy, not a really good guy beneath it all! More platonic relationships is on my list. There seems to be far too much focus on romantic relationships what about strong friendships?

    Here is my TTT: http://theirishbookworm.blogspot.ie/2014/01/top-ten-tuesday-things-on-my-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had such a hard time making this list today! No. 3 & 6 are totally awesome. When I think of Bromance, I cant help but to think about Perry and Roar from Under The Never Sky trilogy, I would love too see more books with friendships like that. Great list.
    My TTT
    Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHH Perry & Roar! :)

      I'm super excited to see Veronia Rossi speak at the New York stop on the Dark Days Winter 2014 Tour!!! Maybe I'll tell her how much I loved her bromance... ;)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hahaha. The list itself didn't take long to come up with, it was the pictures that took forever to find and match!!! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Oh I realllllly like the idea of falling in love with the enemy! Instantly I want to search to see if there are any books like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW you're list is actually amazing! I didn't think of any of these but they are pretty much all things that I would LOVE to see! Especially a young adult Never Ending Story, more bromance and 'loved you forever' stories! :)

    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one great wishlist!

    Check our TTT of this week.

    Leydy @ OUaT & Redcarpetendings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! Sarwat Chadda has a fun Percy Jackson-ish Hindu mythology series--the first book is The Savage Fortress. And my favorite character entering game series are Vivian Vande Velde's books User Unfriendly, Heir Apparent, and Deadly Pink

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Books are Bread
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs